Skip to main content

Bitesize Inspiration: Being Prepared with Robert Louis Stevenson

 


I absolutely love this quote! I'm a big believer in being prepared, and making hay while the sun shines. Sometimes as homemakers we can get a bit down on ourselves for the things that haven't been achieved on a given day. Stevenson reminds us, though, that more important than the "harvest" are the seeds that we plant. Where do we find these seeds in our everyday lives?
They're in the quality time that we spend with our family. 
They're in the good food and produce that we grow ourselves or put away in our pantries. 
They're in the books that we read and the things that we watch that support a healthy mindset of growth and contentment.
They're in the routines and schedules that we set in place for ourselves.
They're in the warm and welcoming home that we cultivate as a sanctuary for ourselves and our family. 

All of these are the little ways that we plant seeds for the future. And as spring is just around the corner here, planting a few actual seeds doesn't hurt either! If autumn is upon you, you may consider a little garden of autumn produce. Plant now and reap the harvest in the future!

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful week getting ahead planting those seeds.







Comments

  1. That's a wonderful message to share! I have been so hyper focused on what I haven't got that I'd completely ignored what seeds I might have been sowing all along. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Terri. I know that I certainly do that too and found this quote a timely reminder. I hope you are all keeping well x

      Delete

Post a Comment