Skip to main content

Bitesize Inspiration: The Good Life with Bertrand Russell

 


Russell is right on the money here. No fear, no hatred, no jealousy. If we are carrying those things around with us everyday - consistently and emphatically - then we are doing ourselves little favour towards living a good life. 

Here on the blog my goal is to live a good life inspired by the classics. Sometimes my posting gets a bit sporadic, but I don't beat myself up over it, because life happens. And I'd rather be living life - even the hard, messy bits - then trying to keep up with a posting schedule. If you notice that I haven't posted, then feel free to send me a quick email. Otherwise know that I am fine and well and enjoying reading the classics or learning something new. Usually with a cup of tea in my hand.

Some of you may know that I recently left a teaching career after more than fifteen years. It was a big impediment to my living the life I wanted. In doing so, however, I have had to re-train for the first time since I was twenty! I am currently studying accounting and finance which is about as different a career path as you could imagine! But I am enjoying it immensely, and look forward to being able to help people in the future who may be struggling with household budgeting, financial distress and even poverty. My brain is at stretching point some days, filled with accounting principles, so there is little energy or brainpower left for creative pursuits. But I still live by the ideals that I have shared on here in the past, and think about new posts often. It's just seeing them into publication that's the problem.

I hope you will be patient with me as I travel through this new stage in my life, and please know that I appreciate you all for your time and effort in supporting my blog.

Have a wonderful week,




Comments

  1. I check for you on Instagram first then worry second, lol. So happy you've found a new life path to pursue. I've had several 'incarnations' myself in this life, ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Incarnations" is the best way to phrase it! It's funny not seeing myself as a "teacher" anymore (and how we tend to cling to those labels!) but I'm so glad I found another path to pursue.

      Delete

Post a Comment