Skip to main content

Bitesize Inspiration: Serenity with Lao Tzu

 



Hi there! Thanks for stopping in here today. Sometimes I am at a loss for what to post here, simply because I feel that so many other writers have already commented on the things that I want to comment on. Sometimes I feel like I am repeating myself with my quest for simple living, joy at home, contentment in everyday life, and being inspired by the classics. Sometimes I just think I need to take a step back and not keep pushing myself to write or produce something new. The last thing I want for this blog is be redundant and repetitive. No-one gains inspiration from that! 

Serenity, inner-peace, true contentment, whatever we want to call it as at the heart of Lao Tzu's quote this week. This quote, like so many others that I like to inspire me here, can be taken a number of ways. I won't go into them here, but I'd love to hear how this quote speaks to you. Is it calling you to switch off, and be present once your working hours are done? Is it reminding you that some things just need to end, and we shouldn't keep pushing them? Or is it encouraging you to put some distance between your work and your soul? Please let me know in the comments below your take. 

I'd like to think there are other paths to serenity as well. So, perhaps you disagree with Lao and want to share that too. Perhaps you have another recipe for serenity. There is no one-size fits all that works for all people, so that is why we fish around looking for what works. 

I hope you have a lovely week and appreciate you stopping by,



Comments