Skip to main content

Bitesize Inspiration: Simplicity with Joan Chittister

 



There has been so much written about how to live well and how to live a simple life over the centuries. Some of our best sources of inspiration come from spiritual and religious texts - people who, centuries ago, had time to contemplate and meditate such existential questions. This week's inspiration comes from a contemporary spiritual writer - Joan Chittester. Chittester belongs to the order of Benedictine sisters and has written so much on spirituality, how to live well, religion, social issues and more. Recently I started reading her book, Becoming Fully Human, from which I have taken this week's quote. I hope it speaks it to as much as it did to me at this time. 

I have made a lot of changes recently in my life and I am striving hard for a more simple life. I think what was missing though was this thought of Chittister's. I was making many physical and situational changes but not really addressing my own heart and reaction to the myriad of things that life brings. This has definitely become one of my goals this year. 

Things have been a bit up in the air lately and I apologise for my lack of posting. I'm hoping that we're all back in a good routine now and I'll be back on track. I have some really great inspiration I'd love to share with you in the coming weeks and months. 

Thanks for stopping by; I hope you have a wonderful week.




Comments