Skip to main content

Bitesize Inspiration: Books with Stephen King



When I was young I enjoyed reading Stephen King novels. Now, not so much, but I can still respect his talent as a master story teller. This week I chose this quote because as we approach Christmas, there is indeed magic in the air. Magic in books, magic in stories, magic in history, magic in faith. Whichever way you choose to look at it, it really is the most magical time of the year! 

Books have always had the ability to be portable, but with technology at our fingertips, we can carry stories with us without having to carry the actual book. The stories are indeed magical, but to me, and perhaps to you, there is still something special about a real, hold-it-in-your-hand book. Our favourites with the jam stains on them, or the ones that we treasure so much but are falling apart at the spine, or the ones that are brand new to us, waiting to share their magic. I hope as you consider Christmas gifts this year that there are a few books on your wish list. Each year in my family the adults do a Secret Santa and this year we decided to gift each other a book. It was so hard for me to make my wish (so many books to choose!), but I eventually chose the Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman. I read the latest one this year on holidays and loved it, so I thought going back to the first one for my summer holidays would be a delightful read. But, my sister is buying for me, and she knows how much I love Agatha Christie, so I'm sure a Christie book will be snuck in there too! 

And of course, reading over the stories of the Bible at this time of year is the best way to ignite our magic for the season. It is truly a classic, and even if you aren't Christian the stories are wonderful and can offer so much wisdom on how and why we celebrate this special time of year. 

Thank you for stopping by. Your weekly visits here mean so much to me. I hope that you are enjoying the magic of the holidays and look forward to hearing about it in the comments.



Comments