Skip to main content

Bitesize Inspiration: Home with Elizabeth Gaskell

 


Home is definitely one of our favourite topics around here, and in continuing with my inspiration from Victorian England Literature, I couldn't go past this quote from Elizabeth Gaskell. We have spent the better part of ten years renovating our home, and all of those little personal changes that we have made add to the charm of our home. My daughter's friend called it "vintage," which I took as a compliment. Another friend said that our house it neater than either of her two homes (her parents have divorced and she lives equally between the two homes). This isn't a question of pride, or feeling better than other people about our homes. It's looking at the things that you do to your home - and in your home that add to its charm. Even if you don't love your house and wish you lived somewhere else, can you find at least one thing about it that charms you? I hope so.

Thanks for stopping by. We've been having so much rain here that I am mostly indoors enjoying de-cluttering, tidying and adding to the sweet charm of our home. The garden, another area that I love, will have to wait until the weather clears. I hope you all have a wonderful week.



Comments