Skip to main content

Bitesize Inspiration: Tolstoy on Peace


It has been a while since we have had some Tolstoy inspiration, so I thought this quote from my copy of Tolstoy's Book of Wisdom seemed particularly pertinent. Peace is a fundamental component of a good life, any good life, and Tolstoy's formula for achieving peace is one worth contemplating. By including humility in this definition, we are going against the grain of common belief (again) which claims that we should be ready to defend our views and attack those who don't agree with us. This may work for you in standing up for your convictions, but does it bring you peace?

The last few weeks have been rather hectic around here, but this morning I rose early, had my tea, and did some meditation. It has been a long time since I meditated and I can still feel the peace and calm that it has brought me on this cold, wintery morning.

I hope that you are all well and that you find some peace in your lives today. 



Comments