Skip to main content

Bitesize Inspiration: Starting the Day with Henry Ward Beecher


Are you a morning person? Or do you like a slow start to the day? Either way, Beecher's quote can help you start your day right. Whenever your first hour of the day is, whether it be 5am or noon, then how that first hour looks will guide the rest of the day like a rudder on a boat. I used to get up early, at least an hour before the rest of the family. I would read, journal and plan my day. The day was usually equally efficient. I've had a lot of trouble doing that this year and my mornings are more stressful. I think it is time that I also headed Beecher's advice, and look to that first hour of the day. 

Whenever you wake up, consider how you will spend that first hour. Does it bode well for you to rush and hurry through that hour, rushing to work or school? Do you take your time over a leisurely cup of tea? Do you read or journal? Do you jump straight online? Do you exercise? Whatever your first hour looks like, consider how it might be impacting the rest of your day and whether there is anything you could do to change, if you wanted to.


Have a lovely week, friends.



Comments