Skip to main content

Tidbits: March 11 2022



Well, the world is a rapidly changing place at the moment. I want to thank you for taking the time out of your week to stop by here, I hope that you are able to find some classic inspiration to bring some joy to your home or life this week.  There's a lot going on, so I've decided to keep this week's Tidbits a little bit shorter, and hopefully sweeter. 


Van Gogh Alive ~ We have tickets to see this exhibit this weekend and I can't wait! From the website:
Created by Grande Experiences, Van Gogh Alive gives visitors the unique opportunity to immerse themselves into Van Gogh’s artistry and truly venture into his world. Traditions of tiptoeing through silent galleries and viewing paintings from afar in quiet contemplation are forgotten as visitors find themselves interacting with art in ways they never imagined. From start to finish, visitors are surrounded by a vibrant symphony of light, colour, sound and fragrance that has been called an ‘unforgettable’ multi-sensory experience.


La Machinna Fissa: a retreat in Italy created for travelers who love books and plants Take me there now! The photos of this retreat are to die for!

The Romantics ~ British Library The Romantics are one of my favourite movements of all time, both in art and literature. Reading this introduction to the movement was enlightening and inspiring.

Why We Should Read About the Soviet Past In Order to Understand Ukraine Now Sofi Oksanen at LitHub shares valuable important insight into what is happening in the Ukraine now - by looking to the past. Most of the time, wars do not happen in isolation, but are the result of a long and complex history. If you would like to know more about what is happening in the Ukraine, this article shares some important aspects of these two country's histories, as well as some links to further reading. 


                                          


Taste: My Life Through Food ~ Stanley Tucci 

Before Stanley Tucci became a household name with The Devil Wears Prada, The Hunger Games, and the perfect Negroni, he grew up in an Italian American family that spent every night around the table. Each morsel of this gastronomic journey through good times and bad, five-star meals and burnt dishes, is as heartfelt and delicious as the last. Written with Stanley's signature wry humor and nostalgia, Taste is a heartwarming read for anyone who knows the power of a home-cooked meal.


Jane Austen's Country Life ~ Deirdre Le Faye

If you had a look at Tidbits from February 25th you might recall I shared a link to a FutureLearn course called Literature of the English Country House. This book explores Jane Austen's Country Life in detail, and would be a wonderful accompaniment to the course.


Erik Satie's Gymnopédies ~ For me, this is the perfect quiet, background music. I often put it on, especially of an evening or early morning. I hope it brings some quiet peace to your day. 

Like I said, just a short Tidbits today. Please let me know if anything here has taken your fancy. I hope you have a wonderful weekend full of peaceful moments.




Comments

  1. I agree that Gymnopedies is soothing lovely music. I've been listening to that piece for years and years now.
    The retreat in Italy...OH MY! Talk about an Enchanted April spot to spend a week! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I dream about visiting Italy constantly, and keep adding more places to add to my visit list! This one would be perfect at the end, just to unwind and relax. Add in some Gymnopedies and I think we'd all come back refreshed and rejuvenated!
      Thanks for taking the time to comment Terri 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment