Skip to main content

Bitesize Inspiration: Literature with Boris Pasternak

 

Boris Pasternak, the author of this week's Bitesize Inspiration, is famous for his work Doctor Zhivago

Doctor Zhivago is on my TBR, in fact, I have the book on order from my local library. As far as I know, however, this quote is not from that book; it comes from Pasternak directly (although please correct me if you know me to be wrong here!)

For me, this quote here exemplifies perfectly why I read the classics, many of which are considered "literature." When I was younger, I read a lot of fantasy and science fiction as a form of escapism, but now I prefer to read the ordinary lives of ordinary people - written in extraordinary ways. 

What about you? Do you agree with Pasternak's definition of literature? Is this also why you love to read the classics?




Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It's so wonderfully simple isn't it? Thanks so much for stopping by, Angela :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I think it's so lovely because it reminds us how extraordinary our own lives are - which we may often forget in the busy-ness of everyday! Thanks for stopping by, Terri :)

      Delete

Post a Comment